lunedì 28 aprile 2014

Interview with Andrea Wild by Giuseppe Chiaramonte



Giuseppe Chiaramonte
Some guitarists start studying guitar pushed by an innate passion, some others thanks to their curiosity, others are encouraged by their parents... how did you start studying guitar?

Andrea Wild
My parents used to listen to a classical radio station every sunday at lunch and there was had kind of a ‘ranking’ during that time. Joaquin Rodrigo’s ‘Concerto Andaluz’ was in the first place for a few weeks and I really fell in love with that piece - so I decided to study guitar. A lot of other people told me that I was too young – but they were wrong…

Giuseppe Chiaramonte
Are you still used to publically perform also as a solo guitarist? Which is your preferred solo guitar repertoire?

Andrea Wild
Of course I also perform as a solo guitarist – but to be honest: I prefer to play with the girls. At the moment, my favourite pieces are ‘Invocacíon y danza’ by Joaquin Rodrigo, Sor’s ‘Grand Solo op. 14’ and ‘Koyunbaba op. 19’ by Carlo Domeniconi. In general I love to play Spanish Music of every epoche and classical pieces.

Giuseppe Chiaramonte
Who is your favorite composer?

Andrea Wild
This is a VERY difficult question!! My first thoughts are Joaquin Rodrigo and Niccoló Paganini, but there are so much more composers, like e.g. Astor Piazzolla and Joaquin Turina – so I fear I cannot make a decision!

Giuseppe Chiaramonte
Do you play also with other musician that are not member of guitArtistas?

Andrea Wild
I am also part of a tango-group called ‘Cosmopolytango’, which is composed of violin, double bass, vibraphone and guitar.
In addition to that I am the front singer of a jazzband and sometimes I also use to play in a string-quartet (I also studied violoncello when I was a child).

Giuseppe Chiaramonte
Let’s imagine you have to play with another (others) musician (musicians) which is not a member of guitArtistas, let’s say, another ensemble with guitar(s) and other(s) instrument(s). Just imagine how guitar timbers could be combined with other instruments (no limit of number of instruments). Other then the quartet (of course!) which ensemble with guitar could be the best, in your opinion?

Andrea Wild
If I could choose an ensemble to play with (another one than guitartistas) I would like to play in the ‘Janoska Ensemble’, ‘Mnozil Brass’ or with Erwin Schrott and his ‘Rojotango group’.



Giuseppe Chiaramonte
You already arranged some compositions for the quartet. Are you working on new transcriptions?

Andrea Wild
Yes, I already work on two new transcriptions – but that’s a secret so far ;-)

Giuseppe Chiaramonte
You did CD recordings in the past. Please, give us more details.

Andrea Wild
When I was a teenager, I won an Austrian competition playing i.a. a completely new piece by Kurt Schwertsik. Afterwards I was invited to record this beautiful piece for a CD (contemporary music) in the ORF (Austrian TV). You can imagine - this was a quite big thing for me!

Giuseppe Chiaramonte
Other than the guitar, what are your other interests? How do you like to spend your free time?

Andrea Wild

In my free time I like to do horse-riding and to spend time with my family and friends, like all girls I also love to go for shopping and dancing in the night. In addition to that I am a fan of Udinese Calcio and the Green Bay Packers (American football).


Nessun commento: